Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oct 24th - Confusing Day

My day kept changing today - first one plan, then another.  It turned out to be a good day in the end, though.

I worked around the house in the morning, doing the usual housekeeping chores, laundry, etc.  Then I had a presidency meeting at 11:30.  Lisa had wanted me to babysit with Brooks at 2:00 while Ashby went to the doctor, but she called and cancelled that, as it turned out David was available. 

That left the last half of my afternoon open, but by the time I got home, ate some lunch, and did a few computer things, I was exhausted.  I am still fighting this stupid upper respiratory thing and I get through the energy reserve too quickly!  I rested for a bit, and actually fell asleep for a few minutes, before getting up to do a few other things - all things that needed to be done, but I had been putting to the side.

I heard from Lisa late in the day that Ashby did not have strep, although her throat looked terribly red, according to the doctor.  That was the good news.  Bad news was that Brooks now has a fever and wouldn't eat.  They may be in for another long night.

So this was one of those days that doesn't sound like much when I retell it, but I actually accomplished a lot of little stuff.  I seem to have a lot of those days!

No comments: