Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Oct 15th - Work, Work, Work!

Monday usually seems to be "get the house back in order after the grandkids have been here" day - and that is what today was.  The kitchen gets cleaned up after Sunday dinner, but there are always little things that still need to be put away, etc.  The toys are all picked up and put away, but as I make the trip around the house, I find toys in some very unexpected places!  We put out the Halloween decorations yesterday, but the bins were still sitting in the living room and the indoor stuff was just sitting around in odd places, so that had to all be cleaned up and arranged so it looked good. 

In addition to all that, I cleaned off part of the desk that had gotten piled with things (always a time-consuming project!), worked on cleaning out the pantries and moving some of the extra food storage into the guest room cabinets that I cleaned out the other day, handled a number of emails and other things, etc.  I even got so tired that I lay down to read for a short while.  I didn't sleep, but the rest was reinvigorating. 

I was working the whole day, but it doesn't sound like much when I write it out!  A lot of days are like that, though.  At least my house was clean and it felt good to walk through it!  So, why didn't the "to do" list get any shorter?

No comments: