Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Journal - December 31st - The End!

Well, end of the month and end of the year.  I guess that means we are supposed to reflect on our blessings and struggles for the past year and make resolutions for next year.  I think I will pretty much skip both.  I have decided that life is best lived in the moment.

That doesn't mean I don't look back with happiness and joy at the good times.  Or, look to the struggles for strength and ways to avoid similar events in the future and to see what progress I have made.  It also doesn't mean I don't set goals for the future.  However, I think those things should be ongoing and happen every day, rather than just one day a year.

I am getting very sick of all the "best of...," "worst of....," "most this or that" lists for 2011.  Sometimes, the best things in life aren't the things that will make it on that kind of list.  Likewise, the worst things are often small, difficult moments that might not seem significant to others.  I often say that my life isn't much in the retelling, but has been enjoyable in the living.  It probably wouldn't make any special lists, but I wouldn't change it.

Having said all that, I do have a goal for this first week of the new year - I am going to get my house back in order after this hectic week with Lisa and the kids here!  It has been fun and they will probably be back a couple of days more next week, but I have not been following my normal routines and things are definitely out of order around here!  I don't like chaos.  I am glad all the decorations are down and ready to go in the attic.  Lisa has done a lot to keep things straightened, but it all just needs a little tweaking to get back into proper order.

So, another good year has ended and another good one will begin.  I am grateful for all the blessings and struggles.  I look forward to many new adventures.  One of which is -- what will I do with my blog now that my Gratitude Journal and Christmas Journal are done?  Hmmmm, haven't decided yet!

No comments: