Monday, January 2, 2012

January 1 - A New Year Begins

It is really nice to have Christmas and New Year's Day both fall on a Sunday.  Going to church and partaking of the sacrament on Christmas Day really brought the Savior into focus in my life and I felt good all day.

Starting the new year in church brought the same feelings.  Life is full of ups and downs and it is my testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that help me to ride with whatever happens - good and bad.  So, starting the year worshiping and studying the gospel is a great way to take that first step in the new year on the right path.

Gospel Doctrine class will be studying the Book of Mormon this year, so I started reading it again before bed.  I am really looking forward to it, as I didn't get it read last year.

I taught the Relief Society lesson about George Albert Smith.  We will be studying his teachings this year and it was fun to learn more about him.  There were many comments and the sisters seemed to get really excited about the events in his life.  I have learned to love him as I have studied about him the last couple of months.  He was a man who loved people unconditionally - whether they were homeless on a street corner or the leader of the country, he treated them all with love and respect, as the children of God.  That is what we need in this world right now - love and respect and acceptance of all by all.

So, day one of 2012 was good.  I hope many more of the same follow!

No comments: