Friday, January 6, 2012

January 5 - An Almost Too Quiet Day

Lisa and the kids didn't come over for the day today - first time in a couple of weeks!  It was almost too quiet!!

I did get some things done, though.  I did some more straightening in the house, trying to get things back into proper order and rearranging a few spots so they would look better.  I spent a lot of time on genealogy, which is what I really wanted to do.  And there were a few other things in there, as well.

I went through a couple of boxes of old things that I had brought down from the attic, because I was looking for something specific.  I didn't find what I was looking for, but it was fun going through the boxes anyway.  I did find some old pictures, letters, and newspaper clippings from my grandfather's things.  I pulled them out to scan and attach to my family history files.  I also found his military enlistment and discharge.  I had sent for his military records from WWI, and just this week got a letter back saying they couldn't find them.  I have to fill out another form for them to try some other places.  Finding his papers should help with that.  Hopefully, they were not among the things lost in the fire.

So, a quiet, but productive day - the kind I enjoy the most!




No comments: