Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 16

Since Lisa and the kids had gone home for Sunday night, it seemed very quiet around the house this morning.  It also gave me a chance to catch up on a few things.  The biggest pile to catch up on was the laundry!  I did six loads - including the sheets.  Tonight I get to sleep in a clean, fresh bed - I so love that!  I also got some straightening done around the house.  Before I could get to dusting, though, they were back!  David is starting the final coat of paint and should be done in another 2 or 3 days.

I had started the day at the computer with quite a long list of Relief Society things to handle.  Later, when I got back to the computer, I was able to work on family history a good bit.  I am down to about 100 names or less to finish matching.  I am very excited!

Later in the afternoon, after Brooks woke up from his nap, we made a trip to Kohls and Walmart.  Ashby starts ballet again tomorrow and needed a new leotard since she has suddenly started growing!  We also picked up a few other odds and ends, like fresh fruit, etc.

We got back home just in time for me to freshen up and then Bill and I took off for Empty Nester Family Home Evening.  We had seven couples who attended and we had a great time.  Refreshments were wonderful - we always do pot luck refreshments, so you never know what will show up.  But, it is always good!  We also had a nice discussion and did lots of chatting.  There are not a lot of senior couples in the ward, so it is nice to spend a little special time with them.

So, it wasn't one of those "exciting to write about" kind of days, but it was productive and enjoyable.  I think life is mostly that way - and I like it!

No comments: