Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 27 - Don't Know About Retirement!

I am not talking about mine - no problem with that.  I am talking about Bill!  He didn't have a job scheduled today, so it meant we were together all day.  That isn't all bad, of course, but when this happens it reminds that it is not going to be easy when he is home all the time!  I have already told him that when he retires, he has to get a job!

I wake up around 7 - he finally shuffled out around 8:30.  I spend the beginning of my morning at the computer, so that isn't a big deal.  I also just went ahead and started the load of clothes.  The problem is that he doesn't have a routine around the house, so he starts to get bored really quickly!  I have a "honey-do" list posted, and he always mentions several things that he needs to do, but that doesn't always help!

We finally took off to do some errands, which got us out of the house.  We picked up wheat we had ordered, went by the library, stopped at Costco to buy a new wireless DVD player, and then went over to Lisa's to see the new paint job.  That was all good.  By the way, Lisa's house looks really good.  The colors are nice and, as always, David did a professional job.

At the end of the day, we had gotten some things done, and had had a good day, but I found that my normal list of things to accomplish was full of things not done.  I am not sure what I will do - it is nice having him at home, but I can't be the entertainer!  Hopefully, by the time he fully retires, if that ever happens, we will have it all figured out!  In the meantime, I will just enjoy the journey.

No comments: