Saturday, January 7, 2012

January 6 - A productive day

I managed to get quite a lot done today - even if most of it was family history!!  My goal for the beginning of the year is to get through all my family history files and check them against New Family Search to make sure all the temple work has been done.  I get so into doing research that I let that part slide.  That is supposed to be the reason we do family history, but I really do it just because I love it.  I figure it will take me a few weeks, but I am going to get through all of it.

I also got the follow-up request for my grandfathers' WWI military records sent back.  I suppose I could say it was a coincidence that I found his draft papers and his discharge papers the same week that I received notice from the Archives that they needed additional information.  But, I don't believe in coincidences like that - I am glad that I had something definite to send back.  Now, hopefully, it will lead them to find something.  I realize that most of the records were destroyed by fire - here's hoping something still exists somewhere.


No comments: