Friday, February 3, 2012

February 2nd - Countdown to Valentine's Day - Expo Orphans

So, I went nowhere today - home all day and loved it!  Of course, that means I didn't interact with many people, so I have had to give considerable thought to the "feelings of love" issue.

Besides a few household chores, changing sheets, couple of loads of laundry, and similar stuff, I spent most of the day working on family history.  I am determined to get all these names matched to New.Familysearch so I can move on to some other things I enjoy doing a whole lot more.  Today was also the first day of the RootsTech conference.  Obviously, I am not in Utah, so I wasn't attending that.

Last fall, when I attended the local Family History Expo, I connected with four other women who had also come to the conference alone.  We really hit it off and even gave ourselves a name, "The Expo Orphans."  We exchanged emails and have touched base with each other every so often.  They are all nice ladies and it has been fun.  This morning one of them sent an email, reminding us that there was a link to get live streaming of some of the RootsTech presentations.

So, I spent the afternoon working on my family history and listening to genealogy classes.  What a great day it turned out to be!

All of this is the long way around to say that I love my new friends.  They have brought a new light into my life.  It is fun to have other genealogy junkies to chat with.  Here is the picture we took (so we would recognize each other when we all show up at the next conference - LOL!)  Love you, Orphans!


No comments: