Monday, February 27, 2012

February 26th - Sunday dinner

Another Sunday - and as always, it was a good day.

I tried a new recipe for dinner - chicken marinara in the crockpot, low-cal version.  It turned out great and everyone loved it.  There wasn't really anything "low-cal" about it, other than avoiding high calorie additions - boneless chicken thighs, zucchini, celery, green pepper, garlic, canned tomatoes, jar of marinara sauce, some seasonings.  Then it cooked for 6 hours on low.  I had planned to serve it with brown rice (good nutrition, lower cals), but the rice steamer didn't work!  We had it on, the button light was on, but when I went to check it, it was barely warm.  I switched to the white rice button, and it did cook, but that was going to take too long, so I ended up cooking some rigatoni, which was really good.  The rice will be used for the leftovers, since the pasta got totally eaten up!

David's mother got in on Saturday, so she and I had a great time talking about genealogy.  She was called as the Ward Family History Consultant a while back and has really stepped up her family history work.  She was able to attend Roots Tech in SLC last month and was so excited about everything.  I think we probably bored the rest of the group to death, but she and I sure had a great time!


No comments: