Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February 21st - Whew! On the Go All Day!

The day started out on the down side.  While checking FB, I discovered that a friend of ours was just diagnosed with cancer.  He had been in the hospital last week for a bleeding ulcer and Bill had been up to help give him a blessing.  Yesterday they were told that they had discovered lymphoma.  Not much other info yet; will know more after the visit with oncologist.  He is in his mid-40's and has 6 children, the oldest age 18.  This is a treatable cancer, so we will hope that it was found early enough that it will respond well to treatment.

I then went to the temple to do a session.  That is always a good day.  I went off and left my family file cards sitting right out in the open, but I saw a friend at the temple, so I did one of her names for her.

After finishing at the temple, I went down to visit my friend Judith at Our Lady's hospice.  Judith was up and dressed and watching TV.  She says she has not been having any pain yet, and is still sleeping well.  She is struggling with breathing a little more, though.  I can see that she is slipping some, but she looked remarkably well under the circumstances.  We had a nice visit for a half hour or so.

By the time I got back home, it was 3:00, so I had a late lunch, and then relaxed for a few minutes at the computer.  I thought I would take care of one of the genealogy emails I had received, which led to making some major corrections on new.familysearch.  One of the people I was checking on had almost 70 records combined together and at least 40 of them were totally the wrong person!  I separated them again and tried to get the information straightened out.  I left messages, but I don't think that matters.  I have found that new.familysearch is not a good or reliable source for anything other than whether the temple work has been completed.  The last three times that I have checked something, the information has been totally wrong, like the one today - names combined together when they are not the same person.  What a mess that site is!

This evening was RS Book Group.  We read Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson and we all liked it.  It is a young adult book about a young slave girl during the Revolutionary War.  It is the first of a trilogy.  I have read the first two and am waiting for the third to come out next fall.  (Thanks to my roommate, MA, for the recommendation a while back.)

When I got home, I was exhausted, so I spent the last part of my day reading in bed.

It was a whirlwind day, but most of it was good!

No comments: