Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 14th - Valentine's Day!

So the countdown is finished and Valentine's Day is here.  We are not into doing big things on these kinds of days, but this was a good day nonetheless.

Bill's job that had been scheduled had to be postponed, and since I was planning on going to the temple anyway, we went together.  We did some family file sealings first - 21 couples, 7 daughters, and 5 sons.  Another couple that we know quite well happened to show up at the temple at the exact same time and they were planning to do some sealings, too, so they helped us do the work.  It was a nice added bonus.  Then we did a session.  It was nice to be at the temple, and especially to hear the sealing covenant.  It helped remind us of our great blessings in being sealed together for time and eternity.

On the way home, we stopped for a late lunch at O'Charley's.  I love their loaded potato soup, so of course I had that, plus a grilled white cheese with bacon and tomato sandwich.  Bill had soup and a pasta dish.  We were really hungry by then, so every bite was so good!

From there, the day was a little busy - and we went our separate ways.  Bill went up to the hospital to visit the friend who had hip surgery yesterday.  Then he went to a high school basketball game.  One of the young men in our ward plays on the team and his dad is an assistant coach.  It was the first game of the playoffs, and since the team isn't all that good, Bill expected it to be the last game of the season and he wanted to go show support.

I spent some time on family history and then planned to attend a genealogy meeting for the Eastern Georgia Genealogy Association.  I drove to the place where the meeting was to be, but there was no one there.  I double checked my information and I was at the right place, on the right day, at the right time.  Don't know what happened, but I came on home and finished out my evening having a bowl of ice cream and then going to bed early to read.  I have to admit, I didn't complain!

I guess that all doesn't sound too romantic.  We have never been into all that romance stuff - it may be important to some people, but it never has been to me.  I prefer to be treated well all 365 days of the year, which I am.

It was very nice being together at the temple and doing some extra things there.  I know I am loved, and I love Bill, and my Valentine's Day was just about perfect!

No comments: