Tuesday, January 6, 2015

January 5th - Trying to Get Organized

My day started on a bright note.  Lisa had a dentist appointment at 8:00.  She had a crown break off on New Year's Eve and needed to have it looked at to help decide what to do next.  David needed to get on to work, so I went over to stay with the kids for a while.  They were just getting up and having breakfast, so we just sat at the counter while they ate and watched Netflix.  They get to watch for a few minutes in the mornings.  Brooks has discovered a new show where robots turn into dinosaurs, or some such things, and he loves it.  So funny!  I was only there for an hour or so and then headed back home.

The house had gotten a bit messy, especially the kitchen, after the weekend, so that is what I had to tackle today.  Everything is now straightened up and the kitchen counters are cleaned off.  Looks much better!  My next project was trying to organize my desk again.  I have so many projects going on that I have piles everywhere!  I cleaned out my cubbies and went through my piles, so at least it all looks better.  I am hoping tomorrow to have the time to actually work on some of the things and to get them out of here.  We will see!

I also took the ham bone and left-over ham pieces and let them simmer for several hours.  I now have enough ham to make some scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner, plus a pot of broth and ham pieces to make beans or something.  It made my house smell good all day!




No comments: