Friday, January 30, 2015

January 29th - Art Class

We didn't have art class last week, because of a conflict with Brooks' Joy School.  Today they had a field trip, but Lisa planned to bring Ashby over after the field trip.  For some reason, he did not want to stay at the fire station, so they made it a little earlier than planned.  Either way was fine with me!

We finished our sketch from last time by coloring it in.  Ashby chose to use markers and colored pencils and did a very nice job.  By the time she finished, she had created a whole story about what was happening.  I got a kick out of her telling me how some day she would be a famous artist and make lots of money.  I tried to offer a little reality without bursting her dream.  I think I may have created a monster here!  More power to her, though.  I love her confidence.  Here is the picture of the finished project:






They stayed and had some mac and cheese for lunch and watched some Disney Jr, until it was time to go home for Lisa's piano lessons.  I did enjoy my time with them here.

In between, I managed to get the laundry done and some other things.  I didn't get as much done on my projects as I had hoped, but piece by piece, I keep working!

Bad news for the day was that we had a washer repairman come out to look at the washer, which has been making a considerable amount of noise on the spin cycle.  It turns out that the tub needs to be replaced.  This style washer has a double tub with ball bearings and the bearings have gone bad.  Replacement will be $500 - so it will be just as cheap to just buy a new washer.  We will just keep using this one until it doesn't work, I guess.  So far, it is still working fine, except for the noise!

No comments: