Monday, January 12, 2015

January 11th - Good Sunday

As usual, my Sunday was a wonderful day.  I really like being back on the morning schedule, so we can get up and ready and go on to church first thing.  It really does make the whole day a little better. 

Today was the last class in my family history course.  Next week, we start over.  Several of the class members started late, so they will continue on.  We did a brief evaluation of the course, including discussing whether we accomplished the original goals.  Then we spent the rest of the time answering questions.

I had a family history consultants meeting to attend this evening, so we had dinner ready to eat right at 5:00 when the kids got here.  I had baked some pork ribs, baked potatoes, and a mixed veggie.  Very yummy!  They also wanted to do a birthday cake for grandma, but Bill forgot to go out and buy one, so I had to make my own birthday cake.  It was a spice cake with penuche frosting and I don't mind telling you it was mighty good!  We didn't have any birthday candles, so I just used a regular candle (the smallest one I could find) and had that in the middle of the cake.  When I asked Brooks if that looked like 68 candles, he said it did, so I guess it worked.  He loves blowing out candles, so he was my helper, with Ashby on the other side, blowing, too.

My meeting tonight was good.  We had a half hour meeting for the consultants and then a class for any who wanted to stay and for the public.  We had two men from the study group who came for that part.  I was the instructor, talking about finding and linking sources to Family Tree.  I thought it went pretty well. 

By the time I got home, the kids had gone.  Bill said they had a great time.  Ashby and Brooks love to run around the house and they had brought Toby and he loved chasing them.  It must have been quite the sight!  I hate missing Sunday time with them, but sometimes the calling has to come first.

No comments: