Monday, January 19, 2015

January 18th - New Family History Class Started Today

I was excited that my new class that started today was so well attended.  There were about 15 there!  Two of them were visitors, but hopefully the rest will stick with it.  We will see.  Some of them had come in to the end of the previous class, so they were just continuing.  One of them had taken the class previously and was coming again, with his wife this time.  I was also excited that a sister I visit teach and her husband came.  They have been trying to get back into activity and have had struggles, so it is exciting for them to have a reason to come.  I am looking forward to the class!

When we got home from church, I put dinner together.  We are having chicken Parmesan, spaghetti, fresh broccoli, and garlic bread.  Once it was all ready to put in the oven later, I ate a quick snack, did a few things on the computer, and then was able to take a Sunday afternoon nap!  I love morning church!

When I woke up, it was time to put the chicken in the oven.  At 5:00, I got everything else going and just shortly after, the kids all arrived.  Everyone loved the dinner and we sat around the table for quite a while, just chatting and enjoying ourselves.

Eventually, after cleaning up, we moved into the living room and enjoyed some grand entertainment from Ashby and Brooks.  They were in a running mood tonight, so they played chase, running around and around the loop (living room, to sunroom, to dining room, to kitchen, back to living room.)  Toby even chased them a little, but he seemed to like to chew on a little Elmo stuffed doll more.

It was a wonderful day - just the kind of Sundays I love:  great church meetings, getting to teach family history, fixing a good dinner, taking a nap, and having fun with the kids.  Perfect!

No comments: