Friday, January 23, 2015

January 22nd - Lunch with some of the girls

I had planned on a stay-at-home day today, working on my power point presentation.  Instead, I had a message from my visiting teacher asking if I wanted to join her and some others for lunch at Del Rio.  Well, of course!

She picked me up around 12:30 and we met up with 4 other sisters from the ward.  It was kind of a visiting teaching meeting, since a couple of different VT routes were represented.  It was a lot of fun.  Of course, I was the oldest - that isn't too hard in this ward.  Even so, it is amazing how we can be such a spread of ages and still have so much in common.  It is one of the many blessings of having church friends.

I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out my power point.  I am getting a little discouraged.  I have made the slides that I create from scratch, but I can't seem to get an image, like a picture or a chart, to load in properly.  I can get a link to load, but then I would have to click the link to get the picture.  So, more work to do.  Windows 8 is adding considerably to the problem.  But I will overcome!

Bill went home teaching this evening, so I had some popcorn and watched a little TV to relax.  It has been a good day.

No comments: