Saturday, August 9, 2014

August 8th - Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Bill didn't have any work scheduled today, so he was around home.  Of course, I had a list of things for him to do:  take down all the trash from the art room; take a couple of boxes to Goodwill; put the last two shelves together, etc.  I don't often ask for things, but I seem to go a little overboard when I do!  He will be so glad when I get finished with the room.

It is actually starting to look pretty good, too.  I just need to go through the art/scrapbooking stuff now and get it organized on the new shelves.  Then I will ready to invest in a table.  I think I will also get some new bedding for the bed.  I have a couple of things to hang on the wall, but with the slanted ceiling, there isn't a lot of space for decorating the walls.  Most of what I hope to put up will be the work that Ashby does, which she will eventually take home, of course.  The end is in sight!  I think art class for Ashby will start next Thursday, if things go as planned with Lisa.

I spent the rest of my day doing some family history.  I am pulling at straws with this brick wall now and have just about run out of ideas.  I may have to go back to her and suggest a couple of things that involve a little money!

This evening was supposed to be the family at the Gwinnett Braves baseball game, but most of the crew jumped ship.  We had a pretty good storm in the late afternoon and were worried about getting the game in, but it was a beautiful evening.  The storm dropped the temperature about 15 degrees, so it was really nice to be out.  By the end of the 8th inning, a few drops of rain started misting, but they got the game in and then it let up so we were also able to enjoy a fabulous fireworks display.  Lisa and family were the only ones who made it, but we had a ball.  They have a children's play area which the kids loved - jumping house, slides, and other things.  And the fireworks was a perfect ending.  It is also nice that it only takes 10 or 15 minutes to get back home!  This is a Triple-A minor league team for the Braves, so they are really good players, but the whole atmosphere is so much more relaxed.  I don't "do" sports, but I love being with the kids and we had a ball.

No comments: