Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August 4th - Day of Recovery!

As much as I love having the kids here, it does wear me out.  I suppose it is just a sign of old age - can't be true, can it?

Even so, I got quite a bit done today - in between sitting and resting breaks.  That would include changing the sheets, 3 loads of laundry, straightening the house, emptying the dishwasher and getting the kitchen back into shape, etc.  I also spent quite a bit of time cleaning off my desk.  It was beginning to look a little cluttered, so I was able to file and organize things so at least it looks better.  Along the way, I even did a few of the things that were needing done - which is why the stuff was stacked on the desk in the first place!

Other than that, it was a quiet day.  I went in to read in bed a little early and finished my book - The Hurricane Sisters.  It was a pretty good book, although I have a few complaints about it.  It must be the book of the summer since the waiting list at the library runs to well over 100 people.

So, all in all, it has been a good day.  It is always nice to check off things from the to-do list and to have the house back in order.  We will see if I have any more energy tomorrow!

No comments: