Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 13th - Family History Wednesday - Again!

I had a much better day today.  It was the day to work at the Family History Center.  As I walked in, I was greeted in the hall by one of the leaders for the genealogy group and the director of the Center.  They had been having a planning meeting about the upcoming Family History Fair in September.  They asked me to do a presentation, but I told them that I would probably not be back in town yet, so not to count on it.  I am considering whether we will make it back by then or not.  I would love to do the presentation, but I am not sure I want to hurry back for it - plus I would have to get it prepared before I leave and I am not sure I want that pressure.

Other than that, we had a nice morning.  We had two patrons.  The first thought it was the day of the genealogy group meeting, so he just stayed and visited a bit.  The second came a bit late, but wanted some help reserving names for the temple, so we stayed a little past closing time to help him out. 

Back home, I had lunch and was watching the end of the Law & Order episode when Bill got home.  I spent the rest of the afternoon mostly at the computer, a little with family history and a few other things that had piled up again.  He went to the grocery store and picked up the things we will need for dinner for the missionaries tomorrow.

And that was pretty much it!  Back in the good rut.

No comments: