Saturday, August 16, 2014

August 15th - Supposed to be a Stay at Home Day

Today was supposed to be my stay-at-home-and-work-on-genealogy day.  Well, it was for the most part.  With one slight interruption, that is.  Lisa called late in the morning and said they were going to go to Kids Up for a bit so the kids could jump and run and expend some serious energy.  So, we met up just after lunch and had a fun time for a while.  It didn't take long until they were both pretty tired, though, so it was a rather short trip.  Brooks had an "accident" so Ashby and I stayed while Lisa and Brooks ran home to clean up.  Ashby decided to dance on the dance floor and she spent the rest of her time doing some rather spectacular dance moves - kind of a mix between ballet and ballroom.  It was quite fun.  Then I ran her home and headed back to the house.

The rest of the day was family history, although it doesn't seem like I actually got much done.  Well, that is often the case with family history - work, work, work, and nothing to show for it.  I spent part of the time just checking hints from Ancestry and that sometimes feels like busy work.  Although, I did find some things to work on tomorrow about one of my female ancestors who had almost nothing.  I just have to make sure this is actually her before I start adding the information.


No comments: