Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 1st - Sealing at the Temple

We were invited to attend the sealing of a young couple at the temple today.  She is the daughter of the bishop that Bill served with for several years.  There was a good group and we were flattered to be included.  Temple sealings are always special, and this one was no exception.

Once we finished at the temple, we stopped for a quick lunch and then drove down to IKEA to pick up the shelves that I want for the bonus room.  They were in stock as of this morning, so I had my fingers crossed, as the two-shelf units kept selling out.  After negotiating our way through ridiculous traffic - never did figure out why it was such a mess everywhere on a Friday mid-day - we managed to get to IKEA, find what I wanted, and luckily we were able to get what we wanted.  There was only one of the two-shelf units left when we finished, but we were able to get what I wanted.  The problem with IKEA, even when you just go straight to the self-serve area, is that they have so many interesting things.  Of course, we ended up picking up a couple of other little things as we walked to the cashier.  It is a good thing we didn't go through the store!

Now the boxes are up in the bonus room, ready to be put together.  Hopefully, Bill will get one or two of the tall units done tomorrow, so I can start emptying boxes.  I really don't want him to do more than that at a time anyway, as I don't want to move boxes other than when I empty them.  As I empty them, the wall space where the shelves go will open up.  And I don't want to be moving the shelves other than when I put them in place either.  Anyway, I have a big project to tackle during the next week.

Needless to say, that pretty much wore us out.  I am into that "one thing a day" mode and today there were two!

No comments: