Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sept 9th - My Mom's Birthday - Still Miss Her!

Today would have been my mom's 84th birthday.  We lost her in 2001, although in reality we lost her long before that.  I am forever grateful for having such a great mother and I have a treasure chest of happy memories!

My day was pretty boring, to tell the truth.  I did a few things around the house, but for the most part I was on the computer learning about my new calling, listening to videos, doing some training exercises, etc.  I also spent some time working on my family history.  My biggest challenge will be to get more proficient on familysearch.org.  I have used it, but since I have used Ancestry for so long, I am more comfortable there. 

I guess I should amend my statement above to say that it is boring to tell, but in truth, I was totally absorbed in what I was doing and enjoyed it!

I did take a short break mid-afternoon and ran to the library to pick up some CD books for our trip and to gas up the car.  Then when Bill got home, we ran the car over to the mechanic to have a couple of things checked out before we take off tomorrow.

We do not usually do anything for family home evening, but the ward has challenged everyone to read Preach My Gospel by the end of the year (actually a stake goal) and we read together for a FHE tonight.


No comments: