Monday, September 9, 2013

Sept 8th - A New Calling!

When the bishop called and told me that the RS presidency was being released, he also asked what I would like to have as my next calling.  I, of course, gave the correct answer that I would serve where needed.  However, since he had asked, I would tell him that my first choice for a new calling would be family history consultant.  Well, yesterday he caught me in the parking lot at the temple and called me to be the ward family history consultant.  So, I was sustained today.

I am excited, because it is what I would like to do.  Right now, I am the only one in the ward, but as things get going better, they will probably call several others.  I told him that the first thing we needed to do was to find a place in the building where the family history class could be held.  I will also be doing shifts at the family history center. 

It was good to be back in the ward after two weeks away.  Since I was released from RS, I no longer have the assignment to attend Gospel Principles class, so I was able to go back to Gospel Doctrine.  I did also play the piano in RS.  The new second counselor was also sustained today.  She will be education counselor, so she and the new president will be coming over on Tuesday evening to go get the materials and to have a chance to ask questions.

When I got home, I was so tired!  I straightened the kitchen, made sure dinner was ready to put together, and then took a nap.  I think I slept over an hour, before the kids arrived.  Bill got home early, too, so everyone pitched in getting the grill going and the veggies and salmon cooked.  I added some baked potatoes and canned peaches and that was it!  Turned out good, though.

It was a good afternoon with the kids.  They left a little early to go home to make some cookies for Ashby to take to kindergarten in the morning.  Since she has a summer birthday, they asked her to celebrate with the class tomorrow.

I spent the rest of the evening on the LDS website looking at things about my new calling. 

No comments: