Sunday, September 1, 2013

Aug 31st - Day 12 - Iowa Trip - 46th Anniversary

Dad and I went out for breakfast, then came back and hung out at the airport office for a bit, before I had to take off for the Moline airport to pick up Bill, Lisa, David, and kids.  Well, they are renting a car, but I have the car seats and there won't be room for all of them in the car.

The plane had just landed as I entered the airport, so my timing was perfect!  Ashby came running and I got a ton of hugs and kisses.  Then Brooks came running with his arms out-stretched, and I was expecting more hugs and kisses.  What I got instead was a very excited explanation of how they had been on "a BIG airplane" and there landed and there were lots of airplanes.  I do believe he was rather excited!

There was a little problem getting the rental car straightened out, but we eventually got on our way, and, after stopping for lunch, we headed back to North Liberty.  The kids were so excited seeing my dad's airport, and pond, and the suspension bridge, etc.

For dinner, we went out to Outback.  Today is our 46th wedding anniversary and we wanted to do some sort of celebration!

This should really be a fun weekend, especially with the kids so excited about everything they see!

No comments: