Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sept 10th - Some Shopping Time

My big chore for today is to get all the laundry done, so we can pack for our trip tomorrow.  I think there are six loads, including sheets, so it will be a good bit of the day. 

Lisa called while she was in the car pool line to drop Ashby off at school and asked if I wanted to go do a little shopping and have lunch with her and Brooks.  It sounded like a great idea to me!  They came by to pick me up an hour or so later.  My car is in the garage, so I was stranded.  We went to Kohl's.  I found three tops I liked and she bought a couple of things for herself.

From there we went to Chili's for lunch, since she had a coupon for a free kid's meal.  We had a great chat while we ate.  Brooks was so funny - as we were walking in the door, he said, "Mac and cheese!"  I guess he knows what he always gets when we go there. 

After they dropped me back at home, I worked on the laundry some more, as well as doing a few other routine things.  I was really tired, so I also sneaked in a little nap.

Shortly before Lisa came by, I got a phone call from Carolyn.  We are meeting up with her and her husband in Kansas City on Thursday.  She had had a dizzy spell and decided to get checked out at the doctor before taking off on a trip.  He did an EKG, found some abnormality, and sent her straight to the hospital by ambulance.  She was calling from her hospital bed.  They are keeping her overnight and then doing a stress test in the morning.  She will call again after that to let us know what the doctor says.  Obviously, we won't be taking off anywhere in the morning.  We will just have to wait and see if she gets cleared to continue on the trip or not.


Later in the afternoon, the new RS president and counselor came by to pick up my materials and to talk about the calling.  We had a good discussion.  They will do a great job.

This evening we had to go pick up the car and I stopped at a store to pick up a couple of things.  I am going to wait to pack until we get the "clear to go" sign from Carolyn. 

No comments: