Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sept 28th - Recovery Mode

My day started at 6:30 when Ashby tried to sneak into my room.  She climbed up in bed with me and cuddled as close as she could.  She was quiet for a while and then sh started talking.  I asked her about kindergarten and she told me a few things.  Then she got quiet again and suddenly out popped, "I have a boyfriend now."  We then had the most interesting conversation about that topic.  Kindergarteners are delightful!

Once we all finally got up, David fixed breakfast.  They didn't do any outside cooking with this camping trip, but he and Ashby did make it through the night in the tent.  Brooks slept in the crib and Lisa bounced from place to place.  She was the one who had the bad night!  After breakfast and some play time, everything was cleaned up and they took off for home.  The first camping trip was a huge success with Ashby. 

The rest of my day was rather quiet after all of that!  I got a couple of loads of laundry done, some other odds and ends around the house, dinner planned for Sunday, and computer time.  Mostly, I was doing family history things.  However, I was so tired that I did end up taking a very long afternoon nap!

This evening was the RS broadcast and though I had every intention of going, when it came time, I just didn't want to leave the house.  Bill was still not home from Augusta, so I just got jammies on, popped some popcorn, and curled up in the big chair to watch it on TV.  It was very good, focusing on covenants.

Bill got home just as the closing prayer was being said.  This has been a very interesting Saturday!

No comments: