Monday, April 1, 2013

March 31st - Happy Easter!

Today was another wonderful Sunday - even more so since it was Easter!  Church meetings were great, filled with talks and music about the Savior, the Atonement, and the Resurrection.

For dinner, I had a ham, potato salad, 4 bean salad, black-eyed peas, and artisan bread.  I finished putting things together when I got home and then still had time to get in a short nap before the kids arrived.  Ashby and Brooks were both dressed so cute in their new Easter clothes and so excited about Easter.  I had not gotten them baskets, and I probably should have.  But, we had fun anyway. 

After dinner, we had the usual fun time playing and talking.  After getting chocolate syrup down the front of his new shirt, Brooks decided he needed a bath and Ashby was happy to join him.  They spent a long time playing in the tub and then we had a couple of naked babies running around - so cute!  Then more playing and laughing before it was finally time to go home.  All in all, a great afternoon.

This evening, Glauco called.  We had reconnected with him via Facebook earlier in the week and had set Sunday evening for him to call.  We really enjoyed talking to him and getting caught up.  It was neat - when I answered the phone, he shouts, "MOM!"  I loved it!  How exciting to get caught up on what has been happening in his life over the past 13 or so years.

Easter is always a special time, remembering the love of the Savior for us and all that He did so that we might receive forgiveness and be able to cleanse ourselves to be worthy of exaltation.  I am grateful for my testimony of Jesus Christ and for the power of the atonement that I have felt so many times in my own life.

No comments: