Monday, April 15, 2013

April 14th - Starting home - after Amana breakfast!

Got up, ready, packed, and the car loaded first thing.  Then we met Mike Burns at the office and went up to have breakfast at the Amana Colonies.  They make the best breakfasts and it is all you can eat, family-style.  They bring fruit and toast right away.  Then come the platters of eggs, bacon and sausage, and potatoes.  The dinner plate is filled with a pancake - but not just any pancake!  They are thin, corn pancakes and are the best pancakes ever.  I only ate one - but remember the pancake was hanging over the edge of a very large dinner plate!  When you empty a platter, they offer to bring more.  Love going there!

Then it was back to the office, so I could check email, etc., before taking off.  I left around 10:30 and just drove the rest of the day.  Not much to tell there.  I finished one CD book and started another.  That was about it for excitement!  I stayed the night in Ft. Campbell, KY, so I am better than half way. 

Home tomorrow!

No comments: