Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 20th - Got a Brooks "Fix" Today!

Since Ashby spent the night, our morning was centered around her.  She slept all night in her bed and didn't come in to our room until 6:45 or so.  We usually get up around 7, so that was pretty good!  We had breakfast, got dressed, etc., and by then it was almost time for her mommy to come.  She had a birthday party to attend, so she didn't get to stay long.

Lisa arrived, took Ashby and left Brooks.  So I got to spend the rest of my morning playing with him.  He is a very busy little boy!  We had legos, puzzles, cars, block, and I don't know what else, all over the place.  I had laundry going and he loved helping put the wet clothes into the dryer and then turning it on.  Then we would fill the washer with another load and he turned that on.  As soon as we heard a buzzer from the laundry room, he took off like a shot! 

When Lisa and Ashby got back, we were just fixing some lunch, so they ate here.  Then they all took off for home.  It was suddenly overly quiet!  I finished up some things I needed to do, including the 6 loads of laundry, straightening, putting sheets back on the bed, etc.  By mid-afternoon, I was about shot, so I managed to get in a pretty good nap.

After my nap, I didn't feel like doing anything else, so I just spent the evening working on family history.  I haven't touched that in a while and there is so much I want to do.  I really enjoyed it.

So, what a fun couple of "grandma" days I have had!

No comments: