Saturday, April 13, 2013

April 12th - Last Day with Paula

I got up early this morning, since new carpeting is being installed in the room I have been using.  Paula's son was coming to help with the last minute preps, so I had to get out of the room.  I got everything packed and ready to go, as well as getting showered, etc.  Then we finished clearing things out, etc., so the carpet installers could do their job.

While the new carpet was being put in the bedroom, hall, and stairs, Paula and I worked on some cleaning.  We got her kitchen island totally done.  She was very excited to see it so clean!

For lunch, we met up with three of her friends, whom I have met before.  Then it was right back to the house.  We worked on getting some Christmas decorations that were in the corner packed away and bins all put out in storage.  We have made a good dent in the clutter.  Hopefully, she will be able to keep those areas clean, as well as completing a few other things that we put on her to-do list. 

I left her place around 5:00 to head back over to Dad's.  We had such a good time and I could easily have stayed a few more days.

Dad was at the Garage-Mahal, so I went there.  The three of us had fun talking for a while, before Dad and I headed back to his place.  I had some popcorn; we watched some TV and talked some more. 

My trip is getting close to an end. 

No comments: