Monday, April 29, 2013

April 28th - Another Great Sunday

I just noticed that almost every Sunday I say the same thing.  I guess that is because my Sundays are pretty much the same - but each one is wonderful.  It is my favorite day of the week!

Church meetings were good - interesting talks, wonderful lessons - as is usually the case. 

When I got home, I got dinner going.  We had a roast chicken, rice, fresh broccoli, fried apples, homemade bread from bread machine (didn't turn out too well, though), and pineapple angel cake with whipped topping. 

Brooks went in to take a nap, but he never did go to sleep.  Sundays really mess up his napping time and he gets so tired.  Their meetings are 11 - 2, which is right when he ought to be sleeping.  Then, by the time, they get here, he is wound up and just won't go down. 

It was such a rainy day and he wanted to go play out in the dirt with his "mighty machines," but obviously that was not possible.  So I got out a small under-bed storage container that happened to be empty and a bottle of rice from storage and let him have a go at playing in it.  He had a ball, as did Ashby and Grandpa.  I had put a big mat under the bin, so that caught a lot of the spilled rice.  The rest vacuumed up easily when they finished playing.  It certainly kept him entertained and happy for a long time!

Because of the no-nap situation, they took off around 6, so he could get to bed early.  It made the afternoon a little shorter than normal, but we enjoyed it.  I do love my Sunday family time.

I was so tired myself that I did a few things on the computers - had a couple of emails to send out, etc.  Then I just curled up with my book. 

Wonderful day of rest!

No comments: