Thursday, April 4, 2013

April 3rd - Safe Arrival

Slept in, got up and ready to go, had breakfast in the hotel, and on the road by 8:15.  I was a little worried about hitting bad traffic in St. Louis, but I got through without any problem.  I finally stopped for gas and a break a little north of Hannibal, MO.  I got to dad's around 1:15.  No problems on the way.

I did finish the CD book I was listening to, so now I have started book #2.  One of the dash lights came on, but I couldn't tell what it was, and the car was running fine, so I just kept going.  After I filled up with gas, the car started just fine, and the light was out, so I figured it wasn't anything.  It came back on later, so when I got to Dad's, we took the car in to have it checked out.  I still don't think it is anything, though.  He is also going to check the blower fan, which will only blow on high. 

It was steak night and Aero-Club meeting tonight, so that is where we were.  It is always interesting to see all this pilots together.  Guess what they talk about - airplanes, of course!

After the meeting, we went down to Willi's for a while.  A couple of the other guys were there, too.  A stop at the Garage-Mahal is a nightly event for Dad.

Back home, we watched TV a ltitle, before I decided I was tired.  It has been a busy day, but I am glad I am here.

No comments: