Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April 2nd - On the Road!

I finished packing and everything and was able to leave around 10:00.  I was hoping that the worst of the traffic would be done, but there were still a couple of really slow spots.  I hate to think what it would have been like at 7 or 8!

There isn't much to tell when all I am doing is driving and listening to a book on CD.  The book is a Robin Cook medical drama and it really helps the time to go by quickly.  I am one who likse to get in the car and just go, so I don't make many stops.  I made a quick stop at a rest stop for a bathroom break, pulled off the interstate to do a drive-though lunch at a burger place, and then finally stopped to fill up with gas shortly before Paducah.  My final stop of the day was in Shiloh, IL, at the Holiday Inn Express for the night.  I got checked in, ran over to the Target which is right next door.  I had a couple of things I wanted to pick up and also got a really good frozen dinner.  Then I unloaded my suitcase, cooked the dinner, checked my computer, and then got ready for bed early and read for awhile.  In fact, I finished my book that I had brought from home.

It was 8:00 Atlanta time when I stopped, but since the time changed, it was really only 7:00 here.  It was probably 8:30 when I finally climbed into bed with the book.  It has been a good travel day.  The sun was out for part of the day, but mostly it was a light overcast, but no rain, which makes for good driving.  I had no close calls or scary moments.  There was some road construction between Nashville and Paducah that slowed things down. 

So Day 1 of travel is finished and has been good!

No comments: