Sunday, April 14, 2013

April 13th - Back at Dad's!

Once we got up and going this morning, we went in to have breakfast at the Blue Bird Cafe again.  Then it was back to the airport.  Because it was finally a decent day after a week of rain, the place was pretty busy.

We got a surprise visit from Mike Frieden, who was in town visiting his son who lives in Coralville.  Mike and I have known each other since elementary school.  My mother worked for his father doing his books and brought the gospel to his family.  When they joined the church, when we were in high school, they were the second family in town who were members.  I had talked to Mike on the phone a few months ago while trying to track someone down, and he remembered that Dad was here.  My being here was a big surprise.  It was fun to catch up with him and his family.

Later, we picked up a pizza at Casey's and ate with Willie and Kalee at the Garage-Mahal.  Then we went back to Dad's and watched TV.

Tomorrow I am heading home, so this was my last day on vacation!

No comments: