Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 22nd - Wow, a Busy Day!

I started my day off by picking up one of the sisters I visit teach so we could do a breakfast visit.  They are retired and sometimes she likes to chat with just the two of us, no husband.  We don't talk about anything "secret," but she feels more comfortable being able to share her feelings.  She is dealing with some stresses (not her husband!), and really just wanted an ear to unload.  We had a good breakfast at Steak N Shake, stopped by Kroger for her to make a bank deposit and for me to pick up some fruit, and then we headed back.  It was not the normal visiting teaching visit, but we enjoyed it immensely - even with the tears.

From her place, I ran by the library to return a stack of books that were due.  Then I went back home.  I had to do a good bit of cleaning today - I actually cleaned the bathroom, the kitchen, mopped the floor, dusted, etc.  We had Empty Nesters at our house, so I couldn't put it off any longer!

I also made a fruit pizza for refreshments.  That was why I needed to pick up the fruit this morning.  I had everything else already on hand.  By late afternoon, I was feeling a little worn out, so I laid down for an hour and read. 

We had a nice turnout for FHE again.  Our activity was a Jeopardy game based on the most recent conference.  It was a lot of fun.  As usual, we had a table full of good things to eat.  We also enjoyed all the socializing. 

I guess I am getting back to normal now - at least, if busy is normal, then I am there!

No comments: