Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 27th - Busy Saturday!

Bill had to go down to work at the family history center this morning, but I actually fixed him breakfast before he left - omelets!  I know he was in shock, too.

While he was gone, I did laundry, dusted, straightened the house, did computer stuff, etc.  I finally even got to start on some family history.  Then I got an adorable call from Ashby asking if she could come help Grandpa work on the swing set.  About an hour later, she and David showed up - just after Bill had gotten home.

They worked the rest of the afternoon getting the swing set all stained.  It really looks good and will be like a brand new set once it gets put together, which will be the next step.  All this prep work is a pain, but the final result should be worth it.

When Brooks woke up from his nap, he and Lisa came over, too, so we had a full house.  Knowing everyone was going to get hungry, we decided to grill some hamburgers and hot dogs for a quick dinner.  Lisa ran to the store for me and picked up what I had on my list, plus a few extras to go with the burgers.  She always enjoys an excuse to get off by herself, even for a half hour.  I was more than happy to let her be the one to go!

It was such a beautiful day that we just ate outside at the table while the kids ran around, playing in the playhouse.  Such an easy dinner - but so good!  What a fun day!


No comments: