Monday, April 22, 2013

April 21st - Good to Be Back in Church!

After being gone for two weeks, it was really great to be back at church this morning.  Meetings were all good.  I had to teach the RS lesson at the last minute, because of a mix-up with the regular teacher, but there was a special spirit and I thought it went well.  At least one sister came up afterwards and said the lesson really touched her heart, so maybe the lesson was just for her!

When I got home, I made up a meat loaf and got that and some potatoes in the oven.  The rest of our meal was just frozen corn, a salad, and some cantelope.  It was all ready by the time Lisa and the kids got here, so we were able to sit down to eat almost right away.

Brooks then went down for his nap, but he started crying and wouldn't sleep.  He is rarely fussy, so it was strange.  He finally fell asleep for a bit on the couch - something he never does.  But, he was fussy the rest of the time they were there.  On their way home, he threw up, so the poor thing had a tummy ache.

At one point, I was working on some family history and I checked on what was happening in the living room and Brooks was asleep on the couch and Ashby and Lisa were both sleeping in the recliner.  I guess this particular Sunday afternoon was made for sleeping!


No comments: