Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 9th - Made it to Paula's

When I finally got up and going this morning, I packed things up and got them in the car all ready to leave.  It was rainy and I thought I would get the car loaded while there was a lull in the downpour.

Then Dad and I went in to the Bluebird for a nice breakfast.  When we got back, we had just a short time to chat before I took off for Davenport.  I was glad I had the car already loaded, as it was starting to rain pretty good by the time I left.

The trip to Davenport takes less than a hour and there were not problems.  I arrived at Paula's around noon.  We hung around a little, then went out for some lunch.  After running a couple of errands, we were back at the house, hoping to make some headway on the clutter.  We got a little done before it was again time to go out for dinner.

After dinner, we were back for more cleaning.  Paula was still going strong when I had to finally give in.  We have talked non-stop since I got here and will probably continue my whole stay.  We have laughed a lot, shed a tear or two, and shared our deepest feelings.  There aren't many friends like that - maybe it takes 60 years to have that kind of trust!

No comments: