Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 29th - So Monday Came on Tuesday This Week!

With the holiday on Monday and not being home all day, my week got all out of order!  So today I did all the usual Monday things - 3 loads of laundry, straighten up the house, etc.  I also spent a lot of time on some RS things, did several batches of indexing, reading blogs, emails, etc.

Brian came to do the rest of the work on my piano.  There was still a problem with the string that had broken and he will have to try that once more.  He did refresh the hammers - a process of ironing and trimming - so the sound is so much richer. 

I took a late afternoon break, when I finally had some lunch, and watched Atlas Shrugged.  I had never seen the movie, although I love the book.  I was so-so on the movie.  It was just the first part, but even then they had to leave so much out that it missed so much of the story.  It was also shot in really dark tones and I found that made it very hard to see some scenes on the TV.  I won't hold my breath for the second part, if it ever comes out, but I will probably watch it. 

I had finished Edward the King a cay or two ago and really liked that series.  It prompted me to do a little computer research on him and I always like learning new things - or remembering things I had forgotten. 

Bill went hometeaching this evening, so I had some popcorn and started watching another series - Land Girls.  It is a WWII era story about women in the country who are members of the Women's Land Army.  I am not so sure about this one.  We will see.

No comments: