Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 25th - Another ordinary day!

Being Friday, I had to figure out if I wanted to clean today or tomorrow - I chose tomorrow.  After all, I can put it off as long as possible that way!  I did do three loads of laundry, so I wasn't totally lazy.  I also did a ton of stuff at the computer - all the usual and then some.

Bill got home from his job early - like 1:30 or something.  He was going to work in the yard, but I don't think he ever made it out there.  It must be something in the water - we have both turned lazy!  Or maybe we are just getting old???  No, couldn't be!

He ran out and picked up a pizza for dinner and came back with everything Pizza Hut sells!  I mean - a small pizza, bread sticks, wings, and cinnamon sticks!  I wasn't even that hungry, but I had to try everything.  I may have to skip most of my eating tomorrow.

I watched some more episodes of King Edward and am really fascinated by the story.  I had never gotten into such detail on his story before.  I even spent some time on line trying to see how accurate the series is.  Turns out the facts and events are quite precise, which is good.  A good story doesn't need to be doctored up as far as I am concerned.  It is harder to know if they are portraying personalities correctly.  If so, Queen Victoria was not really so sweet as she is always shown.  In the series she is selfish, often angry, and actually quite cruel at times.  Edward, called Bertie by the family, is treated terribly by her.  Of course, he has his own faults, but I wonder how much of the blame for that should be laid at the feet of Prince Albert and Queen Victoria.  Well, I have really gotten into the history, haven't I?  Queen Victoria finally died yesterday, so Edward at last gets to be king.


No comments: