Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 21st - Manic Monday - Well, Actually Pretty Mundane

Since I don't have to go back to work on Mondays anymore, I am mostly done with the Manic Monday syndrome.  Thank goodness!  Today was another one of those mundane days where I do all the usual things, but nothing all that special.  Mondays are also the "straighten the house after the grandkids were here on Sunday" day.  They put things away before they leave, but there are always plenty of things still out of place.  I found some unusual things, including my cell phone, in the storage cabinet in the office.  There were some matchbox cars hiding in obscure places in the living room.  I had to rearrange some of the things in the refrigerator (Brooks loves to play in the frig.)  Etc!

I spent a lot of time at the computer doing a number of different things.  I did several batches of indexing.  I had to put together the food storage order for the ward.  I had a ton of emails to send.  All the usual stuff.  I watched a couple more episodes of Middlemarch during my lunch and dinner breaks. 

The 21st of May was my parent's wedding anniversary.  They were married in 1946.  It is also the day we held her funeral in 2001.  So they were on my minds a little, too.  Dad seems to still be going strong at 84.  Thinking of them reminds me what a great childhood I had and how blessed my life really has been.  Thanks, Mom and Dad, for doing that for me!

No comments: