Monday, December 1, 2014

November 30th - Decorating Chaos!

We had our regular Sunday schedule - last minute preparing for lessons, a little family history, etc.  Church meetings were good.  My class went well.  We are starting on researching sources online, which will be our last segment.  It will take us 3 or 4 weeks to get through it all, though.

When we got home, I got dinner going.  Lisa and family got here shortly after we got home.  Bill had gotten the tree out and had it set up.  It is the artificial we bought last year.  I love that it is pre-lit!  So, it was standing there with the lights on, but nothing else.  Needless to say, the kids were really excited that they got to put on the decorations.  And then chaos broke out!  They did all the decorating, but it was funny watching them.  They each have their favorite things, so they couldn't wait to find those things.  And Brooks was fascinated with all the foam boxes that things are packed in.  I believe he managed to destroy several of them, because it looked like popcorn when he crumbled it!  I guess I will be repacking some things in tissue this year.  LOL!  There seems to be a box or two still missing, so Bill is going to have to do another climb to the attic.  After all, we must have the stockings to hang! 

After the decorating and dinner, the kids decided we needed to be entertained.  They sang a little and danced some, as well.  It really was quite entertaining!  When it was time for them to go home, they were not ready.  It is always good to leave Grandma and Grandpa's house still wanting to stay - they will be anxious to come again!

The rest of our evening was quiet.  Tomorrow I will have a good bit of straightening up to do.  The decorations are still rather chaotic!  I am glad the kids had so much fun, though.  I am afraid that if it was left to me, I would probably not put anything out!

I got a call from one of the stake presidency this evening, too.  We have stake conference in December and he wanted me to speak at the Saturday evening session.  So, I guess that is one more thing that I will have to prepare!  I don't really mind speaking, so it shouldn't be a problem.  And the topic is about family history, so that should really be easy - as long as I can keep from being boring!

No comments: