Sunday, December 7, 2014

December 6th - Art Show and Piano Recital

We started the day with having to deal with plumbing issues.  Last night, the toilets both started gurgling and wouldn't flush properly.  We called a plumber and made arrangements for them to come this morning to check out the problem.  It appeared to be in the main line and that is what he found.  It seems the main line in our front yard has had roots get into it.  It will have to be dug up and replaced.  Fortunately, he was able to clear it enough that we will be OK for a short while.  It always seems to be one thing after another!

I did manage to get a couple of loads of laundry done once the plumber finished.  Other than that, I worked on family history most of the day.  I had to finish my prep for my Sunday lesson.  We will be doing research and I wanted to make sure everything was ready with the person I will be using as my example.  It turned out that I needed to do a bit of updating on the RootsMagic file, so that took a while.

Mid-afternoon, we headed over to Lisa's church to set up the art show.  We had a display of all the art that Ashby and Abby have done this semester.  Lisa's piano and voice students had their recital, so we were able to set it up at the back of the chapel.  Ashby was very proud!  The recital was fun, too.  Her students are making great progress.  It was all Christmas music, so that added to the holiday feeling.

On the way home, we stopped and ordered a pizza, then did a bit of grocery shopping.  We managed to get most of our chores done that we had planned. 

No comments: