Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December 30th - So Glad to Have the Grandkids Back Home!

I got myself up and going pretty early this morning.  Actually, I just woke up and didn't feel like sleeping anymore.  It meant that I was able to take off early to run to Target and to the grocery store.  Both places were quiet with no crowds, so that was great.  I got what we need for New Year's, so now I can be lazy the rest of the week!  I love it!

I had only been home a few minutes when Lisa called and wondered if they could come over.  She wanted to do some grocery shopping, too, and the kids wanted to come to Grandma's house.  Needless to say that I was thrilled to have them come over!

We talked for a while, getting caught up on the last three weeks, then she went off to the grocery store.  Just before she left, Bill got home.  He had just a quick repair, so it was a short day for him.  Ashby and Brooks were so excited that Grandpa was here, too.  They kept him playing with them for the next couple of hours.  Grandma doesn't get down on the floor so much, so it is more fun to play with Legos with Grandpa.  On the other hand, Grandma is better for cuddling with.  And I totally loved all the cuddles!

It turned out to be a great day.  We had really missed seeing them so we loved having them back.

No comments: