Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 22nd - Family History Day - What Else? It is Wednesday!

The steering committee for the Genealogy Study Group was standing at the door when I got to the Family History Center this morning.  We had scheduled a follow-up meeting to discuss a couple of things that needed more time.  We had a good meeting and were able to accomplish everything on our agenda.  We just met in the Center, since I was there alone today.  I had two patrons come in, as well, but they were both working on their own and did not require my help.  Then the sister missionaries came in with a sister who had just been baptized and had been called to work at the Center.  She thought she was supposed to work from 12 - 2, but I didn't know anything about it.  I spent a little time with her and got her going on FamilySearch so she could get some names to take to the temple to do baptisms for later this week.  She will come back tomorrow to meet with Brother Peoples. 

I went straight from the Center to visit teach.  My appointment was for 1:00, but I was just a little bit late.  My companion had called earlier that she couldn't make it because of some family issues, so I went on alone.  We had a great visit. 

When I finally got home, Bill was already home.  He had a light work day today.  I had some lunch and then worked on some computer things.  He had some errands and then went home teaching this evening.

We got a final confirmation for the cabin, so we will be going to NC on Friday, after all.  We are excited.  Hopefully, the place will be nice.  Pictures look good, but one never knows.  At least it is really up in the mountains!

Tomorrow will be a big day!

No comments: