Thursday, October 16, 2014

October 15th - Familiy History Day

I had to be down to the FHC by 9:00 this morning, as we had a special speaker coming for the Genealogy Study Group and I needed to meet him early and get things set up for him.  He turned out to be a great speaker and I thoroughly enjoyed his presentation.  He was the first black man to be inducted into the Sons of the American Revolution in Georgia.  He shared his journey of finding out about his ancestors and was really interesting.  He has also written a book.  I bought a copy and am looking forward to reading it.  We were lucky to have him, as he speaks all over the country, but since he lives in this area, he didn't require any speaker's fee - just to sell his books.

After the meeting, the steering committee met, as usual, and we had a productive meeting.  We will meet again next week to try to make some changes that we hope will improve the group.

I was tired when I finally got home, so I rested while I ate some lunch and watched a movie - not particularly good, but it was relaxing.  Then it was back to the computer to start working on the presentation/class I have to teach in November.  I finally settled on the topic - it will be about the Person page of Family Tree and how to edit, add, find duplicates, and search for documents. 




No comments: