Monday, February 10, 2014

February 9th - Ward Conference Sunday

I started my Sunday off relaxing and enjoying the morning.  I planned dinner and did some pre-prep and then worked on some things on the computer.  I don't have a lesson today, so I didn't even feel the pressure to review to make sure I had everything ready.

Since it was ward conference, our meeting schedule was a little different.  The only speakers in Sacrament Meeting were the bishop and the stake president.  We had a really nice musical number between them - one of the sister missionaries played the viola, accompanied by one of our young women.  The play "If You Could Hie to Kolob" and it was very well done.

The last two hours of the meeting were also in the chapel, with a speaker from the stake Relief Society, the stake Sunday School president, the high counselor assigned to our ward, and the second counselor in the stake presidency.  They were all good.

Back home, I put the finishing touches on dinner, so I could put the scalloped potatoes in the oven a little later.  The ham slices just have to be heated in the microwave and the broccoli is in the pan to be steamed.  The kids didn't make it over, since Brooks took an extremely long nap.  The did call and we "face timed" a while.  Bill and I had our dinner, which turned out really good, and then relaxed.  The Olympics were on and I watched a little, but finally went back to the computer and bit and then on to bed to read. 

It was a much quieter Sunday than usual since the kids didn't come over, but it was a very good day!

No comments: