Friday, February 14, 2014

February 13th - Still Snowed in!

Hopefully, this is the last day of being snowed/iced in.  We woke up this morning to a couple of inches of snow on top of the sleet, snow, and ice that had already fallen over the last couple of days.  It was really beautiful.  By mid-morning the sun came out and the temperature rose just above freezing.  As a result, it all melted pretty fast.  By the end of the day, our street was all melted and dry, areas in the sunshine were nearly all gone.  Anything in the shade, though, was still there.  That meant that many roads are still icy, since many of our roads are so shaded that the sun doesn't reach the surface.  School is cancelled for one more day tomorrow.

So, we had another lazy stay-at-home day.  And we didn't really do much!  I spent most of my day working on family history.  This time I worked on research instead of all my classes.  I just needed to so that.  I have been feeling like I am spending all my time on family history, but not working on my own at all!  So, today I did.

We had enough beans left over, so I didn't even cook.  Well, at lunch, I tried out an electric counter top grill that a friend had given me.  It was something her parents had had and she was just getting rid of their things.  I have thought about getting an indoor grill, so it was a good chance to try one out at a great price - free.  I just did some hotdogs, but I wanted to see if it worked and what kind of a job it might do.  It was a success, so maybe I will try hamburgers next time.  I don't think I want to try a steak until I am more sure of how successful it may be.  We made the hot dogs into chili-cheese dogs and they were actually very tasty.

Other than that, it was pretty lazy.  We watched some TV, refilled the bird feeder, etc.  Nothing of great worth.  I could have been deep cleaning, but I couldn't think why I would want to do that, so I just played lazy!  Tomorrow things will be more like normal and I will have to go out to do a couple of errands.  I think the snow holiday is over, but it was fun while it lasted.


No comments: