Thursday, February 6, 2014

February 5th - Family History Wednesday

So, Wednesday was just another routine day - except that the routine on Wednesday is family history.  I work at the Family History Center on Wednesday mornings, which I love.  My friend who usually goes with me had errands before, so her husband just dropped her off.  We had some great success on one of the names she was working on - we found 3 census records and civil war military records, plus some dates, etc.  She was excited and so was I.

We had one other patron come to the center, too.  It is a man who has been there a lot, but has not come in quite some time.  He has actually been quite a problem at times, because he seems to think that he can be there even when others are not.  At one time, he had the access code and would just let himself in.  He got insulted a while back when someone forced him to leave the center because no one else was there.  He decided to come back for the first time today.  He goes to all the other centers in the area, too.  He can be a nice man - just has an attitude of entitlement about the centers.

When we closed the center, we stopped and got some lunch at Firehouse Subs, then headed home, after dropping my friend off at her house.  I spent most of the afternoon at the computer or working on my family history files.  I finally had a chance to open the box of supplies, so I could finish up the files that were waiting for them.

Wednesday evenings, I go over to the church in case any one wants family history help.  I had one sister from my Sunday class who needed some help tonight, so we got her all set.

It has been a very good day.  I still need to get myself better organized somehow so my own family history gets worked on, too!

No comments: